Monday, April 09, 2007

A whopper I like...

No, it has nothing to do with McDonalds or Burger King, it is rather a news item which captivated me, because it was about one of my favorite screenplay writers of the 90s: J. M. Straczynski. The creator and almost single writer of the hit sci-fi show Babylon 5 and the not so well started two season post-apocalypse show "Jeremiah" for showtime.

His inquisive and theatre-like style is something which fascinated me and I still think he is one of the best in L.A. Therefore it is really nice to see that not only his long-prepared The Lost Tales (another supplement to the Babylon 5 universe) is coming along well, but also that he has some major news to spread.

His script "Changeling" finally has received the attention amongst studio-bosses that it should have. He not only got a deal, but also seems to have acquired some notable stars for the movie. Not only Angelina Jolie, who also wants to play "Dagny Taggart" in the movie-adaption of Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged", but also Clint Eastwood, one of my favorite Director's and actors. I wish him all well with the future development, but I think he already got a good start :)

The only item about the movie released thus-far is the fact that it is about a kidnapped child, which returns later, although the mother (Jolie?!) believes it is not hers. She then confronts the LAPD department with her theory. The whole story is based on events from 1920, I wonder how loosely.

No comments: